Having trouble downloading the pattern you purchased on Etsy and the seller isn’t being very helpful? Here is a quick how-to so you can get that pattern NOW!
Share this post!
Sometimes it takes a bit for Etsy to authorize the payment and enable the download. If the site is busy during the holiday rush, it can take a bit longer than usual. No need to worry.
Etsy sends the links to the download to your email. Check your junk folder. Depending on your email settings, it may have put them there.
In the chance the email is delayed, all of your Etsy orders, including your PDF patterns, are available through your profile. What follows is another method to obtain your patterns.
When you are ready to download, log in through the WEBSITE. The download links are NOT present in the order if you are using the app.
- Go to your profile (the circle next to the basket icon) in the upper RIGHT corner
- Click on “Purchases and Reviews”
- All of your purchases are listed here
- Click on the order that has the PDF pattern you want to download
- Scroll down the order to the download button. Click the button to download.
- Depending on your computer or device settings, it may open automatically or it may be placed in a folder. If you have an active pop up blocker, you may need to deactivate it.
Once you download the PDF pattern, you need a PDF reader such as Acrobat to open it. The pattern is NOT a Word document.
Please read this page for any additional help – https://help.etsy.com/hc/en-gb/articles/115013328108-Downloading-a-Digital-Item?segment=shopping
If you continue having problems with the download, please let Etsy know they are having technical problems with their website. Please note, it is VERY rare for that to happen. They have a extremely reliable, and easy to use instant download system.
A Note to Etsy Pattern Sellers
If you are an Etsy seller and would like to use this as your standard reply to requests for emails or other download issues, please feel free to copy and paste this in your response back to them. This standard Etsy response to email requests is usually the last message I send to my customers.